With combined technical, commercial and financial expertise, we provide our clients with a new kind of competitive intelligence and intellectual property advisory service
Ingentium is a competitive intelligence and intellectual property (IP) advisory firm based in Edinburgh, UK. Our focus is on commercial IP and strategy matters affecting organisations primarily operating within the agriculture, animal health and the broader life sciences sectors. Nonetheless, as experienced specialist, we can meet a wide variety of IP needs, and have worked with businesses in other sectors as well. From conducting independent IP valuations, auditing and assessing IP portfolios, through to carrying out licensing exercises for IP-backed technologies and creating data-backed IP and business strategies, ours is a comprehensive service.
Ingentium was founded in 2015 by Josef Geoola. His aim was to address a gap in the market for a quality no-nonsense commercial IP and business strategy support that embraces, rather than ignores, technical and domain expertise. Josef has over 12 years’ experience working with IP and business strategy matters and has served as the chief IP officer for an animal health company, as well as a third-party consultant to banks, investors and companies on IP and business strategy related matters. He is accompanied by a team of accomplished and competent subject-matter experts, who are passionate about delivering for clients.
Key to Ingentium’s approach is blending a holistic understanding with a forensic focus on the details surrounding intellectual assets (IA) and intellectual property (IP). This approach, founded on years of experience in real business environments, coupled with a very strong understanding of the various forms of IA/IP generated by a business (and the associated risks), and further strengthened by our financial and commercial expertise, places us in a unique position to provide clients with high-quality and reliable outputs.
Our services are bespoke and specifically designed to address the need of each of our clients (we never settle for off-the-peg solutions)
- We speak our client’s language throughout our engagement – and never rely on a smoke and mirror approach in delivering any of our services
- We are always transparent with regards to the work we carry out and our fee structure
- Our no-nonsense approach and superior outputs have seen all of our clients return for further support or refer us to new clients
- Our clients include some of the world’s leading universities and research institutions, small-medium businesses as well as multinational corporations leading in their field
- We also work with IP attorneys, accountants and lawyers in order to support them and their clients during certain transactions