JUNIOR ANALYST – Intellectual Property and Competitive Intelligence
Ingentium is a competitive intelligence and intellectual property (IP) advisory firm based in Edinburgh, UK. Our focus is on commercial IP and strategy matters affecting organisations primarily operating within the agriculture, animal health and the broader life sciences sectors. Nonetheless, as experienced specialists, we can meet a wide variety of IP needs, and have worked with businesses in other sectors as well. From conducting independent IP valuations, auditing and assessing IP portfolios, through to carrying out licensing exercises for IP-backed technologies and creating data-backed IP and business strategies, ours is a comprehensive service. One thing that sets us apart from other consultancy firms is our extreme dedication to ensure that our clients are always happy and find value in the services we provide. This is why we have a client retention rate exceeding 95%!
We are currently seeking a part time Junior Analyst to join the Ingentium team on a part-time basis. A Junior Analyst plays a valuable role in assisting with the important work done at Ingentium. This includes:
- carrying out research on certain topics, IP or technologies;
- drafting blogs, recording vlogs and contributing to Ingentium’s newsletter;
- assisting in various contract and intellectual property management activities;
- liaising with clients as and when necessary; and
- providing administrative support as and when needed.
In order to be a successful Junior Analyst, there are a number of key personal qualities we will want you to have:
- First and foremost, you must feel comfortable working independently and taking initiative as and when required. We really like creative freedom and a can-do attitude;
- You must have excellent work ethics and a commitment to always bringing your best to anything you do;
- Flexibility and agility; Your tasks will not be the same every day – but we think this keeps things interesting!
- Trustworthy and dependable; we work with sensitive information and deliver outputs that our clients depend on. Therefore, anyone joining us as a Junior
- Analyst will need to be dependable and have an eye for detail!
- Great written and verbal communication skills
In terms of experience and skillsets, we believe that a background or understanding of the life sciences or law (or studies in these subjects) would be useful – but this is not essential. If you come from another background which you feel will be very relevant to what we do – we still want you to get in touch! In addition, we would definitely expect you to have knowledge and experience using various MS Office programs and a computer!
Last few things you should know about working with us – our office is based at the Shore in Edinburgh. We love a flexible and non-stuffy working atmosphere and promote this when we can. That said, we are firm believers of providing a super-efficient and professional service to all of our clients – so expect you to be professional and dress the part as well.
If you are interested, please send in your CV along with a covering email telling us more about yourself and your interest in the position.
All submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org